Monday, May 4, 2015

Blogpost #2 - Pages 55-110

Hey friends!

Sorry that this blog post is late, but I was sick so I didn't have access to my book, which was in school :(

Anyway, time to review the chapters I've read this week!
I thought this part of the book wasn't as interesting as the first part I read last week, the reason for this being that Christopher writes a lot about stuff that isn't really connected to the main story. This is sad because last week I wrote that these were my favorite parts of the book.

I found out why Christopher hates the colors yellow and brown, and it makes more sense now, before I thought it was kind of weird, but at the same time understandable.

It was quite a shock when I found out what Mrs. Alexander told Christopher about his dead mom. I never could've suspected that she would be in a relationship with Mr.Shears. What I did suspect was that Christopher would go around trying to find out more information about the dog, which is exactly what he did.

Because of his detective work, Christopher and his father get in a big fight when his dad finds his book. The dad finds out that Christopher had talked to Mrs.Alexander since he wrote it in the book. I feel like his dad could have been more understanding, he didn't have to hit Christopher. Yes, he did hit his father first, but that is because the father grabbed him really hard, which Christopher doesn't like because of his autism.

After the fight, his dad actually tosses Christopher's book, which I think was horrible. I have had that happen to me too, even though most of the times it was unintentional. When something that you've worked hard on for a long time is gone, you feel disappointed and sad, it doesn't really seem like Christopher is that sad though, since he has a very good memory.

Something that I like about this book so far is the fact that he doesn't always know how to say a sentence, for example "he made a poop", and "they did sex". It makes the book a bit entertaining.

I still really like the book and it's story so far!

4 comments:

  1. Great blog!
    I also felt that it was unfair of his dad to toss away the book! If he has raised Christopher and know the symptoms of the Autism, he should be more understanding!
    #rageattackoverhere

    //Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good blogpost. I agree that Christopher's dad was strange in this part of the book. I just wonder, how do you think you would behave if you had a child like Christopher, who did the all things Christopher does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I would try not to get so angry around him since I would know that he has Asperger's Syndrome and tries to take everything literally. I would also read things online about autism to see what I could do to improve my parenting skills. :)

      Delete