Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Blogpost #3 - Pages 110-165

Hey!

Now I have read about 3/5 of the book, until page 165. These chapters were full of interesting dialogue, and you found out A LOT about Christopher's family as well as Wellington's killer...

In the first few pages of this section Christopher goes looking for the book that his father hid away somewhere. I thought that he actually threw the book in the trash or something since he went outside with the book in the last chapter. When Christopher finds the book in his dad's closet I felt very relieved. There have been many times where I thought that something had been thrown away or lost, and I get very nervous.
Christopher also finds multiple letters addressed to him stashed away in a shirt box.

I did get a bit nervous when his dad came home though, since I thought that Christopher would get caught, causing his father to become angry at him again, which wouldn't have been so nice.
He manages to slip away and reads the letter... from his mother.
For some reason I kind of saw this coming, when a person dies you do get to go to the hospital to say your final goodbye, plus, there was never any funeral! Christopher's dad's story didn't really make sense, so I thought something was up with his mother.

When Christopher doesn't even consider that his dad might be lying to him, but instead thought that these letters were for another Christopher somewhere in Swindon, I got a little annoyed. It was quite obvious that his dad was lying about his mother leaving the family to live in London with Mr.Shears.  I do kind of understand that Christopher didn't piece it all together, since he has Asperger's Syndrome.
After reading all of the letters from his mother, he gets a stomachache and feels sick, which is the first expression of sadness he has descibed in the book. He doesn't say he was sad, but his symptoms describes his feelings pretty well.

After his dad confesses to lying and killing Wellington, I didn't get very surprised, his father had been really mad at him for trying to figure out who killed the dog, so I suspected he was the one who did it. Christopher however, gets very upset and thinks that his father might be able to kill him too, so he decides to leave Swindon to go live with his mother. At this point I felt very worried about Christopher, since he's never travelled anywhere on his own, and it feels like he's going to get lost on the subway.

This book is still very interesting and page 165 kind of left me on a cliffhanger, so I'm going to continue reading now!

4 comments:

  1. I was also worried when Christopher made it clear that he was travelling to London by himself. Good work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed over that you thought it was his dad all along! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed over that you thought it was his dad all along! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete