Sunday, May 24, 2015

Blogpost #5 - The Finale

I have just finished reading this book, and it was absolutely amazing,
In this last part Christopher finally makes it to his mother's home, after sitting at the train station for hours trying to calm down since he was scared of the noises that the trains made when they came.
One thing that I thought was pretty ridiculous was that he actually jumped on the tracks just to recover Toby, while it clearly said on the screen that the next train would arrive in just one minute. I understand that he cares about his rat, but to risk his own life doing it? I wouldn't.

Anyway, once he arrives his mother is very happy to see him, but he doesn't really return the feeling, since he doesn't let her hug him at all. I thought he would be much happier to see her, since he felt very sick and sad after finding out that his dad lied about his mother dying. This makes me wonder if he ever actually feels sad and cries in social situations, or if he only cares about things like his grade A Maths test.
If I had found my mother after 2 or so years, I would be ecstatic and crying of joy, meanwhile, Christopher only seems happy about the fact that he escaped his 'dangerous' dad.

After Christopher has stayed with his mother for a while, I realised how abusive and how bad of a man Mr.Shears is, and I did not understand why Christopher's mother would move in with him and start a romantic relationship with him.

Christopher's dad isn't very happy with the fact that Christopher left him to stay with his mother instead of him, but Christopher does not want to live with him, so he and his mother move into the father's house without Mr.Shears. I though this was a very good idea because the whole family could live in Swindon now.

In the beginning, Christopher didn't want to speak with his dad at all, but bit by bit he opens up and his father gives him a dog called Sandy. I think that giving him a dog was very nice and even helpful, since he now would have a friend again (Toby died :( ).

Overall, this book was amazing, but as Sandra said, I probably wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who gets easily bored or distracted, as this book contains lots of details that can get you confused or bored if you do not understand what he is talking about. Other than that, the storyline was very interesting and was a change from what I usually read! :)



5 comments:

  1. I guess Christopher was happy to see his mother in his own way. I have enjoyed reading your blog and I am glad that you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did at first react the same about how Christopher didn't seem very happy when he met his mother, but then you have to remember that his mum left him, and I were him, I would have been very angry with his mother. Anyway, I love your blog!

    Just a remider. Toby died in the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would've too, but I think I'd be more mad at his father, since he lied about her dying. If my mother had died I would be devastated and depressed, and if I later found out that someone had lied about it, I would be furious.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with all of you but, have i missed a part of the book or something? Because I don't remember any situation Christopher had shown a happy emotion thoward any other human beeing. Not even thorwards his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with all of you but, have i missed a part of the book or something? Because I don't remember any situation Christopher had shown a happy emotion thoward any other human beeing. Not even thorwards his dad!

    ReplyDelete