Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Blogpost #4 - Pages 166-220

Hello everyone!

This is the fourth blogpost I have made so far, we are only 1 blogpost away from the end of this project! This book has been amazing so far, as well as funny and sad at times.
These last few chapters I've read have been very intense and interesting. While reading them I felt worried for Christopher, I'll explain why later. In the last blogpost I explained that Christopher wanted to run away from his home to go live with his mother after he found out that she was still alive, in these chapters I followed him on his journey.

When we left off last time he was talking to Mrs. Alexander about taking care of Toby, which she couldn't do so he had to bring the rat with him. I felt sorry for the rat since he would have to stay in Christopher's pocket for a whole day! That couldn't have been fun for him. Christopher decides to leave since he thinks his father is dangerous and might kill him, and I think it was quite weird that he would think that his own father could kill him.

I feel like if I saw Christopher in real life when he was escaping to London I would feel kind of weirded out, since he keeps on talking to himself, groaning and barking at people to scare them off. He does all of this to keep himself calm though, and can sit for hours solving math problems in his head just to clear it. I could probably never do that, I would think it was boring and give up after 3 minutes or so.

In these chapters he has to talk to a lot of strangers to figure out which train he has to take to get to his mother in London. These strangers did not know that he is autistic, so when they said stuff like "take the tube", Christopher had to ask them what it means, which caused them to think he's stupid. Even though they weren't aware of his condition, they could've been a lot nicer about it instead of saying "You're a real piece of work, aren't you?" or "Are you for real?", it makes me wonder if everyone in England is that rude...

Throughout the pages I kept wondering about what would happen if Christopher gets lost, he wants nothing to do with his father, and there are policemen looking for him everywhere, trying to get him back to his dad. The fact that Christopher happened to step off the train at the London station was a coincidence, if he didn't go out to check if the policeman was still on the train he wouldn't have ended up in London.

I couldn't really relate to anything Christopher went through in these chapters, but I still thought they were awesome as usual! :) 

5 comments:

  1. Are people more polite here in Stockholm? (Another awesome blog, as usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first, I thought people were really mean to Christopher (which they were), but then realized that I would probably react quite the same, since I didn't know he had Asperger's syndrome. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would notice that he wasn't normal, and I would kind of react the same, but I probably wouldn't say "Are you stupid or something?".

      Delete
  3. I don't think I would sak something like that either but don't you think they lived in a half rough neighboor Hood because many neighboor descriptions contained harsh behavior and alcoho?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would sak something like that either but don't you think they lived in a half rough neighboor Hood because many neighboor descriptions contained harsh behavior and alcoho?

    ReplyDelete